Football is one of the most loved and bet on sports in the world. As well as having the best football betting sites in your arsenal, it is great to know which as the major football tournaments so that you are aware of when some of the best times to have a bet are.
There are plenty of events that take place throughout the year and some even more spectacular events which take place every 4 years or biannually. These are events that you wouldn’t want to miss.
Major Annual Football Events
- FIFA Club World Cup – an international men’s association football competition involving seven teams; the champion club team from each confederation along with the host nation’s national champions.
- UEFA Champions League – annual football cup competition for the top football clubs in Europe.
- UEFA Europa League – annual football cup competition for the elite teams in Europe that don’t make the Champions League
- FA Cup Final – the last match of the Football Association Challenge Cup between teams belonging to the Football Association in England.
- English Premier League – an annual tournament that takes place every year in the UK. It is one of the most prestigious league in the world. Many players want to compete in the league and many English players are sort to play i overseas leagues.
- African Cup of Nations – main international association football (soccer) competition in Africa, held every two years.
- UEFA Nations League – a newly-founded competition with 55 European national teams competing in four leagues.
Major Football Events – held every 4 years
- FIFA World Cup – the biggest international sporting event in the World. It’s the most bet on event, the most watched event and the talked about.
- FIFA Confederations Cup – an international football tournament. Eight national teams take part; the holders of each of the FIFA confederation championships together with the FIFA World Cup holder and the host nation.
- Olympics – There is a Men’s and Women’s football tournament. You rarely see big named players in the mens sides as it is restricted to under 23 year old’s.
- UEFA European Championships (The Euro’s) – A competition between Europe’s senior men’s national teams
- Asian Football Cup – Asian Football Confederation (AFC) competition, the winner plays in the FIFA Confederations Cup.
- Copa América – men’s football tournament between national teams from the South American Football Confederation.
If you are going to have a punt on the football, but don’t usually bet week in week out on the Premier League, you might be interested to learn that if you open an account with a bookmaker you can claim a new customer offer. Offers include free bets, bet credits and bonuses.
Betting on the football can be an awesome past time, but some people do become addicted and /or run into financial difficulties. Make sure that if you think you have issues ask for help. The team at begambleware.org can help.